On 6/21/06, Frantisek Fuka <fuka@fuxoft.cz> wrote:
Hi there,

I have Ubuntu Linux and I have installed Lua 5.1 from the standard
repository package of the same name. After that, I installed wxLua
from the autopackage on the wxLua site. However, after I did that,
typing "lua" now starts lua 5.0, not 5.1! When I uninstalled wxLua,
"lua" command again starts Lua 5.1.

This has since been changed and wxlua provides executables with unique
names, but we have yet to provide a new release. You can either use
the CVS or one of the snapshots. I think you'll find that compiling
wxLua is quite easy if you already have wxWidgets configured.

Why is that? I thought that wxLua is inwoked as "wxlua [script name]".
Why is it messing with my Lua 5.1 installation? Am I doing something
wrong? I want to use Lua5.1 for my scripts and at the same time, use
wxlua.

Well, IIRC it wasn't "messing" with the lua 5.1 installation at the
time, since there weren't any packages for lua then. :)

The current, CVS or snapshot, wxLua has been updated to 5.1.1 and the
wxWidgets binding are fully updated to 2.6.

You can use wxlua or the wxluafreeze program to run any lua program.

Regards,
   John Labenski