Dear all,
I'm trying to compile some Lua scripts with luac so that they will run
on both big and little endian machines (I want to make a Mac Universal
Binary for KQ[0]) I am using the latest 5.1.1 version of lua. I see
from older messages ([1], [2]) that Lua's bytecodes were
endian-independent. However, as far as I can tell from looking at the
code (specifically, LoadHeader in lundump.c) and trying to run the
compiled scripts, this is not the case.

Am I correct that Lua binary files are not endian-independent, and if
so, what's the best way to deal with this?

Thanks,

Peter

[0] http://kqlives.sourceforge.net/
[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.lua.general/11787/focus=11790