Asko Kauppi wrote:

( This is about experimental LuaX codebase, not yet anything you can download and start using right away. )

Asko,

I'm working on getting a barebones compile environment for Lua 5.1
running under MinGW.

So far I have the Core 5.1 Source, luaFileSystem, and LuaSocket
compiling and installing on my system.

The goal is to be able to provide a Lua distribution that I can
install on a Windows machine in ONE directory with minimal or
no registry entries.

Anyways, one of the things I'll need is serial port access through
Lua, and I was wondering what the state of LuaX is right now. I've got
the latest sources from LuaForge, but I'd be happy to test any newer
code you have right now, with a view to making the compile/link/install
cycle under MinGW work.

So far, it's looking like Lua is the perfect little language that I've
been looking for. It's firmly between Forth and Lisp (a little infix
joke) and smaller than Tcl/Tk which I've been using for years but is
becoming a bit bloated and hard to manage...

Cheers, Ralph