On 5/25/06, Bilyk, Alex <ABilyk@maxis.com> wrote:
DirectX switches the FPU to single precision by default [at least used
to]. So, even though Lua number is defined as double, all one has to
work with is 23 bits of precision.

Is it all the DirectX components that do this?  Or is it just limited
to the likes of Direct3D?

I am curious, has an OpenGL implementations be known to do anything similiar?

I have been using OpenGL since the mid nineties and haven't a problem
like this yet, but then I still mainly work under unices of various
flavours.  I do have quite a few users of my software  under Windows
and haven't heard reports of problems yet, but it sure be nice to know
if the OpenGL driver does it to so I can plan hacks around...

Cheers,
Robert.