[sligthly OT]

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 11:35:29PM -0700, whisper@oz.net wrote:
> Re: the Lua DB for this project. I think integrating Sqllite is the answer!
I gather they include Sqllite, but theres more to DBs than SQL.

> Speaking of Firefox, integrating Lua into Firefox would be a great
> thing. It could take advantage of Mozilla's platform independent system
> interfaces (XPCOM), XML, HTML, SVG, preemptive threads, Sqllite, etc.
> and obviates the need for any other sort of GUI.
Problem is the project is not even yet 100% sure whether to include firefox.
There are problems with it's memory usage and especially leaks.
They are talking to firefox developers to get this fixed and
apparently are likely to end up with a somewhat stripped down version.

> Applications become webpages (<script language="Lua">...</script>!
We are using ff (or whatever browser will be included, could be Opera),
but have to settle for AJAX talking to a tiny DB/Appserver scripted in Lua.

cheers