Would not Lua be a better bet than Squeak for the
OLPC (One Laptop Per Child)? How about pointing
out Lua's educational potential to Seymour Papert?

I don't think Lua would be better suited to the project at all:

Although it's been a while since I played with Squeak, I do remember it's much more than a programming language. Next to Smalltalk it provides a nice environment to play & experiment.

This is something that definitely could be created using Lua. But unfortunately I haven't actually seen anything Lua-based that comes close...

Has anyone else?

Ashwin.
--
no signature is a signature.