Hi All,

I am investigating using lua in an embedded environment where application separation and security is very important.  The environment runs multiple logical applications within a single proprietary VM.

Each logical application has a virtual file system and cache etc etc.  Applications will be able to create and run script.  Lua seems very good for providing scripting in this environment.   Except …

I want a lot of common scripted functionality to be available to all applications.  But I do not want to have multiple lua states each with a lot of code loaded.

I want a single lua state with all common functions and data loaded in a central location and then each application to be able to operate on its **own** ‘virtual’ lua state without knowledge of other applications.  This really does have to be secure.  I do not want applications altering the global in any way unless it is using a function that exists in the global state.

As the application shuts down I also want to be able to get of an applications data and application state.

Can I achieve this?

Greg McCreath
Chief Technical Officer
TAFMO Limited
ABN:  94 109 766 592

Level 8, 342 Flinders Street
Melbourne
Victoria, 3000
Australia

http://www.tafmo.com
Ph
: +61 (0) 3 9018 6824
Fax : +61 (0) 3 9018 6899
Mobile : +61 (0) 401 988 957

This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This email may contain personal information of individuals, and be subject to Commonwealth and/or State privacy laws in Australia. This email is also subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, print, store, copy, forward or use this email for any reason, in accordance with privacy and copyright laws. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by return email, and delete this email from your inbox.