On May 15, 2006, at 2:33 PM, jdarling@eonclash.com wrote:
I've worked up quite a few object wrappers for my applications, and have
run into a common problem with all.  If I want to create a new
descendent from the object I get errors back when trying to call the
methods.

FWIW, here's my own Class system that I wrote in Lua, which supports class inheritance:

That has the code for the class mechanism, and at the bottom includes some tests that also show how to use the system. It's not written as an example of how to wrap things up simply, but instead happens to be an example of code that handles the specific problems I was looking to solve.