I'm just starting with lua - I'm hoping to use it as a simple scripting
language for testing low-level C software, as a way of speeding up the old
write-compile-test cycle.  I'm also considering using it on embedded
systems.

I'm using w2k for development, compiling with mingw in an msys environment.
Compilation (of lua 5.1) worked fine, as does running it from a standard
windows command prompt.  However, lua.exe produces no output by default when
run from within msys.  I traced this down to the lua_stdin_is_tty() macro in
luaconf.h - it would seem that _isatty() always returns 0 when running from
msys.  For my own use, I've simply hacked the luaconf.h file to return 1
here, but perhaps there is a better solution?

mvh.,

David Brown
System Developer
WestControl a.s
Norway

"Utvikling er kunsten av å vikle seg ut av det man har viklet seg inn i"