The Lua binding linked from SDL (http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaModuleLuaSdl) leads to some old 4.0 binding (Thatcher, are you listening...? :).

LuaX can be used for all that you want, and it's semi-supported (should work, but not regularily tested) on FreeBSD. However, the currently available versions are based on Lua 5.0, and require a separately compiled interpreter. Upgrading to Lua 5.1 is currently ..hmm.. jammed until a certain SDL-main dispute concerning OS X platform is solved (or that I ditch OS X SDL support, which would be heart-breaking.....)

Anyways, could probably work together with you, to get your needs filled, with FreeBSD stock Lua, providing SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, what else? What's your timetable for this? :)
(please reply privately?)

-asko

On Mon, 8 May 2006 13:40:26 -0300