Ok I use mc and F3 to view the so file, it has the symbol

luaopen_luasqlmysql  so I guess the lib name should be

luasqlmysql.so

And just symbolic link to it solve the problem. So somehow the default configuration in the Makefile which defines  LIBNAME  and LOADLIB  is incorrect; at least in mycase.

Thank you.

Javier Guerra <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
On Sunday 07 May 2006 9:08 pm, Steve Kieu wrote:
> the current dir has a file mysql.so which is the renamed of the so file
> produced above.

don't rename the .so file; the require('xx') function call does a
loadlib('xx.so','luaopen_xx'). that means that to open the library, Lua has
to call a function with a name based on the library name.

--
Javier

S.KIEU

On Yahoo!7
Answers: Real people ask and answer questions on any topic.