don't rename the .so file; the require('xx') function call does a
loadlib('xx.so','luaopen_xx'). that means that to open the library, Lua has
to call a function with a name based on the library name.
Hi, thank you but actually if I do not rename it, when make install it will symlink the library to mysql.so anyway, ; it created a dir called luasql and put the so there, symlink it to mysql.so. If I change to that dir and run lua, then do a

require'mysql'
same error

it can load the mysql.so but unresolve symbol.

lua automatically use the current dir as the PATH to load the so file.

bye

--
Javier

S.KIEU

The LOST Ninja blog: Exclusive clues, clips and gossip.