I have a lua application on unix which reads from stdio - there is some significant work it could do if there is no input. I thought about kludging up a shim which would read from stdio, and write to a socket, from which my app could read from in non-blocking mode using the luasocket facilities.

It would be nice if the stdio facilities could use the luasocket 'select' interface, etc. Any ideas?

--
Jim Mellander
Incident Response Manager

Your fortune for today is:

QOTD:
	"I'll listen to reason when it comes out on CD."