> (though I'm not sure a library can be unloaded from
> within itself). --lhf

That's a bizarre enough concept that I had to try it.
The result was a segmentation fault.  Maybe you
could set a flag so that the library was unloaded "later".

Unloading dynamic libraries works fine in Mac OSX,
I just try to keep track of what's been unloaded so as
not to walk off a cliff, calling a function that's no longer there.

Though mostly during debug cycles I've been stepping
out of the interpreter and back in again, as reloading
dynamic libraries has generated even more ways for
me to outsmart myself.

rob