> Skimming the paper I didn't notice it mentioned, but you
> might say something about how the Lua global scope has
> evolved from a special case with separate meta-mechanisms to yet
another use of tables > (see <http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2000->
04/msg00079.html>
> where I made the case for this).

It's already in there :-) Halfway through page 14, section "6.2 Tables":
"Lua 4.0 introduced the table of globals, which is an ordinary Lua table
that can
be manipulated like any other table."

I read the whole thing this morning. The only suggestions I could come
up with are a couple of minor grammatical corrections which I will email
directly.

- DC