From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of Daniel Collins
Sent: Tuesday, 2 May 2006 9:24 AM
To: 'Lua list'
Subject: RE: obfuscating / protecting LUA code

For my current project, I have to take some measures to protect the lua
scripts against hacking. Rather than try to obfuscate the lua code
itself though, I was just going to pack a bundle of lua scripts and
other resources into encrypted and compressed archive files. I have a
runtime system that loads an archive file and mimics a file interface to
the contents. So lua requires no changes at all and just keeps opening
things from files, but the lua scripts are also protected from unwanted
modification.

And sure, a determined hacker could break the encryption but the system
seems reasonable for my needs.

- DC