On Apr 30, 2006, at 05:40, Mildred wrote:

I think actually it's easy to write cross platform in python (for
example) since there are the cross platform batteries included. But in
lua, because I have to create them myself, and because I only have
linux, my programms can't be that easily ported to others platforms.
I'm searching for those batteries for Lua.

Hmmm... once you internalize the fact that Lua is the quintessential BYO [1] environment, life gets much smoother 8^)

For what it's worth, here is what I use for my own Lua web application server:

The Basics

Kepler's LuaFileSystem
http://www.keplerproject.org/luafilesystem/

Diego Nehab's LuaSocket
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~diego/professional/luasocket/

One you have file and network access, the rest is gravy, but still:

Klaus Ripke's slncrypto (sha1, blowfish)
http://luaforge.net/projects/sln/

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo's lgdbm, lmd5, lrandom, luuid
http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/

Tiago Dionizio's lgzip
http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~tngd/lua/

Cheers