Has anyone tried VSLua and gotten it to work?

I have been playing with the Hello World sample and the experience I have had so far is this:

- Often it will not hit the breakpoint I put in the Lua code, but occasionally it does. I can't find any repeatable reason why it does or does not work

- When it does hit the breakpoint, clicking on the "watch" icon in the VSLua toolbar doesn't do anything. I can't find any way of bringing up the watch window or looking at the value of variables.

Any similar or better experiences?

First, download the latest version from their site; the first version they put up after the initial newsgroup post was a bit dodgy. Unfortunately they didn't change the filename that get's downloaded, but the size and contents are different.

Second, ensure that the "enable vslua" box is on in the VSLua menu (blue box around it).

Did you leave all project settings intact (using LUA_500 etc)?

I also have experienced things not exactly working every time, but the latest version was almost consistently working for me.

To view the watch window, go to View->OtherWindows->VSLua Watch (if i recall correctly)

To watch a variable, double-click or otherwise highlight the var, then select the Watch command from the menu. Or, you may be able to type the var name into the watch window like the normal devstudio watch window.

-thomas