lists@grahamwakefield.net wrote:
I'm sure it is pretty basic and poorly designed, since I'm new to Lua, but I used Ross Bencina's OSCPACK (http://www.audiomulch.com/~rossb/code/oscpack/) code in an application and bound it to Lua in about an hour, such that a function is called in Lua with any received OSC message along with type and address info. Actually most of the delay was due to me working on a new McIntel, with little/big endian issues.

Here's the core method FYI:

hey,

this looks great, except that i need to do it the other way round (i think?) - the lua script needs to call c++ code, rather than c++ code operating on the lua library directly. we're using hyperion, so i'm not directly invoking the lua code; what we have instead are fragments of lua script embedded into xml files ..

err, actually looking into it i don't think i'm going to be able to run an OSC server with Hyperion's particular flavour of Lua-ness -- i'd need to be able to spawn a new thread to act as the server, which is possibly pushing lua/hyperion a little too far.

aargh.

--
f r e y
live music with computers