Hallo,

On 4/4/06, Diego Nehab <diego@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> Now suppose LuaSocket 2.0 did /not/ support Lua 5.1, but only Lua 5.0.
> And suppose LuaSocket 2.0.1 supported Lua 5.1. How is the user supposed
> to know about this? Reading the manual? Should I release it as LuaSocket
> 2.1 instead? This wouldn't make sense, there were no API changes as far
> as Lua code is concerned.

     Everywhere else this is stated in the web page/documentation of
the software. I agree that appending the Lua version to the file name
is cumbersome.
     Besides, at one point a single LuaSocket source tree could be
compiled for two different versions of Lua, say 5.1 and 5.2. Would you
release two identical source tarballs?

--
-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/