On Tuesday 04 April 2006 3:04 am, Lisa Parratt wrote:
> I can tell you for free that I'd be aggravated if any of the class
> systems floating around the list were made language standard - to my

Amen!

for slightly different reasons: to me OO programming is nice; but each project
i've had where it was an advantage, sooner or later it has to do some ugly
kludges because of the OO model, and it was always a different kind of
kludge.

that's why i feel that a more basic functional model (like Lua's) is more
generic, and if you want OO, after designing your classes, it's trivial to
design a OO model to fit them, and not the other way around.

IOW: each OO implementation has it's pros and cons, it's better to build just
the one you feel better for each specific project, and not impose an
arbitrary one as "official"

--
Javier