> Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:55:21 -0300
> From: Antonio Scuri <scuri@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
> Subject: Re: Lua 5.1 for Fedora Core 5?
> To: Lua list <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
>

> > > Is anyone working on packaging Lua 5.1 for Fedora Core 5?  If not,
> > > I'll take on the task.
>
>    What "packaging" are you talking about? You mean an RPM?

Antonio,

I'm talking about submitting an RPM to fedora.redhat.com extras so
that FC5 users need only type "yum install lua" to get Lua, and "yum
update" to get the latest revision of lua once it has been installed.
The same should be done for Debian distros, but I confess I don't know
that procedure.  After you install FC5, type "yum install lua" as
root, and you'll see what I mean.

John