Hi Adrian,

another question : is it reliable to write sound processing code in LUA (i.e. call a LUA function from the Portaudio callback)? Not sure if the garbage collector would generate random clicks or pops in the audio stream when it takes too long.
Thanks,
Bert

Adrian Sietsma <adrian_groups@sietsma.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for a lua binding to the portaudio library. I've googled
> around but couldn't find anything apart from a post by Mr. Adrian
> Sietsma ... is there an (un)official lua extension for portaudio?
>
> Thanks,
> Bert

Adrian here :)

I built a Lua 5.0 library to portaudio v18 about 12 months ago. It was a
pretty smooth integration, and supported most PA functionality, including
recording.

I'm happy to send you the code as-is, but
1/ It was only ever built on Windows,
2/ Documentation is scrappy (non-existant?),
3/ You will probably have to do a proper makefile (IIRC mine is hard-pathed
all over the place),
4/ There is no libsndfile binding for reading audio files.

If you are prepared to have a go, let me know.
If _anyone_ is interested in using / *nixising / polishing / tidying /
documenting PA Lua, I will start a LuaForge project for it, but I don't have
the time to work on it myself at present.

Adrian Sietsma

(cross-posted to Lua list / Portaudio list
)