There isn't really anything to do to fix it, since its not your problem. You can't make sure you always catch it going wrong either. So I don't think that is really worth thinking about.

Changing the macro doesn't really fix the problem either, it just makes it less obvious, which is worse.

Ultimately anyone who encounters this bug is now better of knowing that they had a problem. (: Including myself :)

Just make sure it is documented somewhere as part of a list of common mistakes or misunderstandings with lua.

In bold, large, letters, on the cover of "the book", is my personal location preference for such a list.

--

Kriss

http://XIXs.com -><- http://www.WetGenes.com