> Is memory fragmentation a common problem with Lua?  I'm particularly
> interested in what people have observed on Windows, and any solutions
> that have been developed.  Thanks.

We experienced heavy fragmentation in a Lua 4 app running on Win98,
built with Borland CBuilder.  That problem went away with Doug Lea's
dlmalloc memory manager.  I didn't specifically investigate
fragmentation behaviour in Lua 5.x apps or more recent Win versions.
(The newer Win allocator should be more up to speed with dlmalloc,
judging by the MSDN documentation anyway.)

--
Wim