Very nice work.  I downloaded it and integrated it into my modified LUA shell
in about 5 minutes.  The speed improvement was startling and obvious.  So
far no bugs observed.

I've been working on my own compiler back end.  I'm primarily interested in
optimization techniques and performance.  I'm somewhat neutral on the front
end language as long as it's interactive and has garbage collection.  I'll
have to dig into your code some to see what you've been doing.
Sent from the Lua - General forum at Nabble.com.