Lots of end-users have D3D installed. How are we Lua programmers supposed to prevent our application from breaking?

Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Pall" <mikelu-0603@mike.de>
To: "Lua list" <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: LUA_NUMBER -> Integer conversion bug

Hi,

Sebastian Rohde wrote:
When I comment this out everything works great with the fallback cast.

Maybe. Maybe not. Do you use Direct3D/DirectX? If yes, then you
are just shadowing the problem here and it will come back to
haunt you elsewhere. Read:

It should be noted that turning on D3DCREATE_FPU_PRESERVE
reportedly has no detectable performance impact on modern CPUs.

Bye,
    Mike