PA wrote:
Hello,

The preface to "Programming in Lua" states that "many people regard Lua not as a language, but as a kit for building domain-specific languages". Fair enough, but what does that mean in practice? What usage of Lua qualifies as "domain specific language"? Does anyone have a concrete example of using Lua for such purpose?
I'm programming a lot i C/AL (The programming language of Navision) - C/AL is a "Domain Specific Language" - Its designed to work inside Navision - it has exactly the functions needed to do whats to deisgned to do. The runtime environment (OS/Network/hardware etc..) is completly shielded from the programmer who only have to think in business-processes and business-data.

That means, that I can hire people who knows a lot about business and teach them this simple language and they are ready.

/Erik