On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 10:57:17AM -0800, Chris Marrin wrote:

> I am porting LuaIDE to Lua 5.1 and have found a function
> lua_getlineinfo() that was added to the 5.0 Lua interpreter included
> with that source. I see that 5.1 has a new 'L' flag passed to
> lua_getinfo() that appears to do the same thing or something similar.
> But I can't find any documentation of this flag in the released docs.
>
> Can anyone tell me what this flag is supposed to do, or if it is
> documented anywhere?

Sorry; it should be in the manual:

This option pushes onto the stack a table whose indices are the numbers
of the lines that are valid on the function. (A valid line is a line
with some associated code, that is, a line where you can put a break
point.  Non-valid lines include empty lines and comments.)

-- Roberto