On Mar 3, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Gavin Wraith wrote:
In message <9FCB10AC-E194-4CB4-8A4F-7B5BC5A95657@refinery.com>
you wrote:
Unfortunately, when the path is long, the lua standalone runtime
'helpfully' truncates the paths:

Surely this is nothing to do with Lua 5.1, but an artefact of the
C runtime system your interpreter was compiled with. How do other
applications compiled with it behave when presented with long
strings on the command line?

To be clear, as Luiz pointed out, this is compiled into the Lua runtime with the LUA_IDSIZE open in luaconf.h. The Lua standalone runtime is truncating the line itself. I recompiled with a large value for LUA_IDSIZE and that fixed the problem for me.