On Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:07 PM, Javier Guerra wrote:

> Hi
>
> have anybody else seen this: ?
>
> http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/
>
> it's a fast C compiler, it compiles, links and loads code in one
> pass. it's supposed to make it possible to use C as a scripting
> language, without a VM it compiles to machine language, just like
> any other C compiler).

I looked at it many moons ago. FWIW see

I wanted to port it to VC6++/Windows. As with many of my open source
projects it went nowhere. Sigh! Still waiting for the day when I
don't have to worry about bringing food to the table so that I can
do these fun projects.

> sounds fun, eh?  of course, with Mike's LuaJIT going so well, it's
> of limited value.  also, being C code, it's easy to go segfault.
>
> anybody can think of a use for this?  if there's any interest,
> i'll put it in LuaForge.net

In the hope that that day is not too far off I am certainly
interested in seeing your work at LuaForge.net preferably under the
same license as Lua (although I think TCC itself is GPL so it
doesn't matter)

-- v.a