On Feb 17, 2006, at 11:20 PM, Gus Mueller wrote:
On 2/17/06, Gavin Kistner <gavin@refinery.com> wrote:
I've got the latest version of MacOS X with dev tools installed, and
Lua 5.1 final, and I'd like to get it built with readline support. I
previously built GNU readline 5.0 (to get Ruby's irb to compile with
readline).
<snip>
Help, please :)

open up src/Makefile, and comment out the the line that looks like this:
$(MAKE) all MYCFLAGS=-DLUA_USE_MACOSX
and uncomment 2 lines below it that look like this:
#	$(MAKE) all MYCFLAGS="-DLUA_USE_MACOSX -DLUA_USE_READLINE"
MYLIBS="-lreadline"

It's pretty easy :)

It sure is! I was looking at the Makefile at the top of the directory; it didn't even occur to me that there might be another one inside src.

Thanks!