[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Lua 5.1, MacOSX, and readline
- From: Gavin Kistner <gavin@...>
- Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 11:03:14 -0700
I'm trying to get Lua 5.1 working with readline on MacOS X (10.4.5).
Unfortunately, it's been over 10 years since I programmed in C, and
* I've seen posts claiming that MacOS 10.4 has readline installed
* I've downloaded and built gnu readline 5.1 successfully to get it
working with Ruby's 'irb'
* I've tried the make command listed here: http://lua-users.org/
* I've tried copying the readline-5.1 src into lua-5.1/src/readline
and lua-5.1/readline, while adding the LUA_USE_READLINE #define to
...all of the above failed. Really I'm just stabbing in the dark.
Can someone provide the explicit instructions that someone who hasn't
used *any* compiled language since 1998 needs to build lua 5.1 with
readline support under MacOS X v10.4.5? I don't really care if it's
using Apple's own readline, pseudo-readline lib, or building and
using gnu readline 4.0 or 5.1. I'd just like the fscking up-arrow key
to work in the command-line lua interpreter. (Getting the 'advenced'
readline patch to work for fun autocompletion is an optional bonus.)
Obviously I'm willing to try stuff out and report the results, if
only you'll guide me. Thanks in advance. :)
"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only
think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if
the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
- R. Buckminster Fuller