I now revised the patch to rc3 (one line change).

They're available on my personal svn server, it would be best to do this:

  svn co svn://slugak.dyndns.org/public/lua-patches
  cd lua-patches
  make
  make patch PATCH=intopt
  make test

That should run the selftests, the patch itself is in intopt.patch, and
readme in intopt.txt. I renamed it int32->intopt, since now also 64-bit
integer support is in (see luaconf.h).

-asko