After the recent packaging discussions, I'm having basically quite the same issue, clash of Lua versions, but this time with the lua.h and liblua.h header files.

I shall survive this, but it made me think, should the public header files be renamed to 'lua51.h', 'liblua51.h' to avoid such situations.

/sw/include/lua.h, liblua.h official 'fink' headers that I get by 'fink install lua' ../../lua-sources/src Lua 5.1 headers, which I'd like to supersede the system ones.

Well. It cannot be done?

CPATH etc. are traversed after checking the system dirs first, and gcc finds lua.h and is happy with it (only, my source needs 5.1, which is not yet available from fink).

Any hints?

-asko