My app starts by running a script with lua_load and then lua_pcall.  In response to c code events, the script transitions to other states and runs another script again through lua_load/lua_pcall.  After quite a lot of transitions, I am worreid that I might be out of lua stack and memory.

I imagine that a chunk would be like any other lua object and get marked for garbage collection when it is no longer reachable.  That seems a bit tricky or at least confusing.  I would like each state's chunk and environment to go away after a state transition.

Thanks for any help on this.

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.