On 1/24/06, Boyko Bantchev <boykobb@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not holding up anything.  I was only trying to point out that
> indentation and using tabs are different things, and that I see no
> problem with indentation itself in make or in any other language.
> Indentation does _no_ harm.  The use of tabs does.

It's a tricky issue, and one which has much more to do with
development culture than utilities. For the specific case of
collaborative Open Source development, where you have a bunch of
programmers each with their own editor setup, and in particular where
those programmers are unwilling or unable to set up their development
environment to deal with tabs the same way, tabs can become a real
problem. In the case of development within a company, it's not really
a big deal.

Ben