Vijay Aswadhati wrote:
Seems to me that the major design choice in picking Python is based
on the availablity of 'generators'. I only dabbled in Python a long
time ago; I wonder what is so 'brilliant' about Python.

From what I can tell, such features are only popular amongst people who don't see them for what they are - an ad-hoc, informally-specified bug-ridden slow implementation of half of Common Lisp. ;)

Personally, I'm of the opinion that in real world usage, the white space issue is enough to kill the languages utility stone dead, let alone the other flaws it and it's creators glaringly contain.

--
Lisa
http://www.thecommune.org.uk/~lisa/