On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 09:46 +0100, PA wrote:

> On 1/23/06, Jeff Sheets <jeff.sheets@insightbb.com> wrote:
>         On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 10:27 +0100, PA wrote:
>         > http://www.stunnel.org/
>
>         I tried this, and though it does work, it is incapable of
>         providing the
>         Xavante server with the actual IP address of the client
>         (unless you have
>         an extra computer to spare, and dedicate to running stunnel).
>
> Have you tried stunnel's "transparent proxy mode"?
>
> "Re-write address to appear as if wrapped daemon is connecting from
> the SSL client machine instead of the machine running stunnel."
>
> http://www.stunnel.org/faq/stunnel.html#servicelevel_options

Yes, I have.  However, it didn't work for me.  Though it is possible my
linux box isn't quite correctly configured for it... I'll look into it
further.

Regardless, I still think it would be a good idea if SSL was available
in the luaSocket library.  I'd start working on it myself, but I've got
a number of other projects at the moment, so I can't immediately spare
the time. :)
--

JJS
"If Ignorance is Bliss, I'll take the Pain."