On Jan 21, 2006, at 15:39, Jeff Sheets wrote:

Now I just gotta figure out how to get Xavante to serve the https
protocol, and I can ignore my problem with the mod2 launcher.  :)

One pretty straightforward approach is to use something like stunnel:

http://www.stunnel.org/

With stunnel you can simply wrap your plain Lua HTTP server and access it over TLS:

http://localhost:1080/
https://localhost:1443/

The stunnel configuration looks something like this:

[stunnel]
accept=1443
connect=1080

In other words: accept TLS connections on port 1443 and forward them to port 1080 where your regular server runs.

More info here:

"HTTPS-enabling your Webservices with Stunnel"
http://www.stunnel.org/examples/https_windows.html

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay