Hmm.. the old code will break only _if_ the new type() is there _and_ some userdata implements the __typeof metamethod.

I think this makes the chances rather slim, also the calling code would implicitly expect Lua never-ever to get any more types than it now has, which is bad presumption anyhow.

-asko