On Thursday 12 January 2006 3:51 am, Alexander Altshuler wrote:
> If one of Xavante developer will integrate such things within Xavante I am
> ready to develop implementation of Digest Authentication component for
> Xavante community.

ok, now i get it a bit more.

this functionality could be done at least two ways:

1) a PHP-like way: a couple of functions to be called from a script (CGILua, a
handler, webCode, etc).  the script writer calls them and either grants or
refuses access

2) a middle handler: this handler gets a few parameters to manage
authentication (authorized users, a check funciton, a DB backend, whatever)
and another handler (as a parameter too).  it checks the authorizations, if
refused, generates the 401, if granted, calls the 'sub handler'

the first way is a bit easier, but the second one might be more flexible.  it
also points to the way of a deep hierarchy of handlers i'd like to eventually
have.

any opinions?

--
Javier