Thanks for taking the initiative to push this forward. :)

I'd be willing to "talk", or present my work in some other format. The candidates would be:

* Lumikki, site creation using XML spiced with Lua macros

I've essentially rewritten Lumikki during December, and it is a solid, albeit extremely small XML preprocessing system. I see many potential gains in using it, currently ImageMagick integration (picture crops etc.) is built-in, in the future also server-side features (dynamic picture albums) most likely shall be.

* LuaX, when re-incarnated :)

Currently, LuaX is getting re-woken from it's 10 months of Beauty sleep. I shall try to make it use stock Lua, so no core-level changes would be needed. This would also bridge the gap there's seemingly been, between things like luaSocket, and LuaX modules s.a. SDL graphics. I can already compile LuaX modules into "stock" 5.1 Lua, which is half way there.

The gains LuaX gives, compared to native Lua/C API are among other things better (imho) binding macros, and a unifor object (tbd) and enum synthesis, which benefits application level scripts.

Risk is that this work is still too immature by May, since I have to rebuild (tear down) much of the older infrastructure in the process. I could make a demo, though.

* Hamster, building your sw using Lua

Hamster is the most mature of the packages, and I just updated it to Lua 5.1 compatibility (works with 5.0 as well). I think it's still rather unknown by many, and would be a nice realization that one can actually do all his "makefiles" as normal Lua scripts, if one wants. Very, very similar to SCons but that one is in Python.

Hamster can use SCons, but it can also work against normal gnu/BSD/MS make backbones.

* Building packages of Lua scripts

Both Lumikki and Hamster are being packaged for dpkg (apt-get), fink (OS X), and ipkg (NSLU2 embedded Linux). Maybe by then also Maemo (Nokia 770). So one topic could be, just how to achieve this and how the different packaging models differ, looked from a 100% Lua application viewpoint.

Strong connection to LuaBinaries on this topic, which would be worth a talk of its own (not by me, by "them"). :)

-asko