Hey there. For the past 18 months I've been running a free, open-source,
cross-platform, 2D role-playing game project, using C++ for the game engine and
Lua for data and scripting. The game is called Hero of Allacrost and our website
is at http://www.allacrost.org/

Previously myself and another programmer on our team worked on the C++ and Lua
integration code (we were both complete Lua neophytes and taught ourselves).
The other programmer has recently left due to personal reasons. After some
thought, I decided that I can't handle this part of the engine code by myself
because I have too much other work to do on this game (I also work on the audio
engine, map exploration engine, write the story, and admin the site/forums). So,
we're hoping that someone with advanced Lua knowledge/expreience is interested
in our project and would like to help out.

>>> What You'll Be Doing
1) Continuing the work on integrating C++ to Lua, and vice versa
2) Sharing your expertise with the other programmers on the staff and helping us
make key design decisions, mostly in Lua-related topics but also elsewhere
3) Writing Lua scripts to do such things as scripted movement of sprites, battle
animation effects, etc (this is the real fun part, IMO)

>>> What's Expected of You
- Moderate knowledge of C++ or better
- Advanced knowledge of Lua, and integration of Lua with C++
- Great communication skills, ability to function well in a development team
- Enthusiasm and interest toward the game itself (this is important!)
- Ability to write comments, and not just code.
- A few hours a week of your time, or whatever you can give us; No need for huge
time commitment
- Any O/S you develop on is fine. We have programmers on Linux, Windows, and Mac
OS X on our team right now and the game runs on all three platforms ;)

Because this game is not-for-profit, we can not offer you financial
compensation. Everyone currently on <a
href="http://www.allacrost.org/index.php?credits";>our staff</a> works for the
fun of it and to gain new skills and experiences. And it is fun being a part of
our team too, if I may say so myself. At least, I've enjoyed it enough to keep
this up for a year and a half now. :)

>>> More Information

Website: http://www.allacrost.org/
It has been somewhat neglected lately, but it gives a good overall view of our
game and purpose.

Full Job Ad: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=367739
This is our professional-looking advertisement, which goes into more detail
about our project, our team, and shows some example artwork as well. You can
also read that we are well-respected by the community at GameDev and that a lot
of people there have faith in our abilities.

C++/Lua Source Code:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/allacrost/module_00/src/data.h?view=markup
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/allacrost/module_00/src/data.cpp?view=markup
These two files are pretty much everything that has been done to date for the
work you'll be taking over, as far as the C++/Lua interfacing code is
concerned.

Quick Start: http://www.allacrost.org/public/doc/developer/dev_quick_start.html
This is a guide for new developer's on how to use the fundamental components of
the engine we've designed for this game. It's a good over-all picture of how
the game operates and how everything is put together.

>>> Contacts
If you are interested in helping us out, send an e-mail to
jobs_@AT_allacrost_DOT._org and please include the following information:

- A little infomation about yourself and who you are
- Background knowledge and experience
- Your availability (even if only a few hours a week, we will still consider
you)
- Demonstration/proof of your skills (links to past projects, sample code you've
done, etc.)
- Why you want to work for the Allacrost project

If you have any questions or would like clarrification on something, I would be
happy to take those personally. Thanks, and happy coding!

- Tyler Olsen
Hero of Allacrost - http://www.allacrost.org