Mostly, yeah. You are able to persist the global table, so
On 11/28/05, David Given <dg@cowlark.com> wrote:
> On Monday 28 November 2005 17:34, Ben Sunshine-Hill wrote:
> [...]
> > PLUTO - Heavy duty persistence for Lua
>
> Would this allow the implementation of a completely persistant Lua VM --- so
> that I could snapshot the entire state of the system to disk, and then
> restore it later without the system having noticed anything has happened?
> Rather like Smalltalk images?

Sure, that is one of its intended uses. There's a few caveats, most of
which can be solved with a properly formulated permanents table and
special-persistence-functions. There are a few global-ish things, like
hooks, that are not persisted, but these can be handled separately if
needed.

Ben