Boyko Bantchev wrote:
On 11/22/05, Chris Marrin <chris@marrin.com> wrote:
For the record, the only place except Lua that I find the word
`upvalue' in use is Mathematica, where there are `downvalues'
as well:
http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/book/section-2.5.10 .
However, Mathematica's use of `upvalue' is different.

Uh? I thought it was a common term in functionnal programming.

Well, there is no definition of that word in Wikipedia, the only hit is in this Lua article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_programming_language

And searching upvalue in Google brings around 950 answers, half that if I exclude the Lua word...

Funny, while searching, I found this page: http://search390.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid10_gci833537,00.html

It seems Lua is used in CICS and OS/390, fields which are unknown for me. The funny part is that I found my name in the article! It is a bit embarrassing, as there are lot more good examples of Lua programming than that, and it didn't shown a lot of Lua features...
Plus it has the old URL and the \n were transformed in single n

Sigh.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France