> The best idea is _not_ to compile a shared library at all. Just
> link lua (the interpreter) statically. There is no downside to it

  (Somewhat off topic)

  Is there a way to statically link Lua in Delphi application?

  I know that lua src should be compiled with Borland C++, and that
  missing C RTL functions should be implemented. But I had no luck.

  Docs say that dlls are preffered, and linking OBJs is possible with
  {$L some.obj} but nothing more. Zlib and jpeg are linked that way.