On Thursday 03 November 2005 11:59, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> > The traditional thing to do with C in this case is to run the source
> > through a cruncher; this will strip out comments and whitespace, and
> > the really good ones will rename all your identifiers to be as short
> > as possible.
>
> My ltokens library has a lstrip tool which strips comments and whitespace,
> but does not do renaming.

Ah, thanks. I'll try it.

[...]
> Try luac -s.

I'd forgotten about that; the compiled out is now smaller than the source, but
not by much --- the source (after gzipping) is 5322 bytes, and the compressed
binary is 4805 bytes. I suspect that lstrip would do better.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "Opportunity is missed by most people because it's
+- www.cowlark.com --+