From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of Chris Marrin
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 5:12 PM
To: Lua list
Subject: Debuggers for Lua???

I have been looking for a visual debugger for Lua and I'm confused about
the landscape out there. Some (like TitMouse) don't seem to be in active
development. Others (like wxLua) don't seem particularly stable or
documented at all. LuaIDE is pretty complete, but also does not look
like it is being developed. LuaEdit seems to be the best of the bunch.
But it is written in Delphi, so I can't hack on it to, for instance,
make it run on 5.1.

Is anyone out there using anything that they like?

It seems to me that a nice debugging environment could be created mostly
in Lua by piecing together Scite (with it's built-in Lua scriptng and
Director interface) for the source display, RemDebug for the client
side, and wxLua for the GUI. Is anyone working on anything like this
already?

Thanks...
--
chris marrin                    "As a general rule,don't solve puzzles
chris@marrin.com                 that open portals to Hell"