> So the problem could be a stack overflow that isn't handled gracefully,
> does this sound right? I'm unsure about this because it fails so quickly
> on my embedded system compared to the guy in the thread I linked to.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could debug this? I am not
> really set up to debug with the bdm cable at the moment.

Mike,

I would first try to reduce MAXVARS and MAXUPVALUES.  You can redefine
them in etc/luser_config.h (make sure your build is setup to read this
file, though).  These are used to create arrays that are a major
source of stack usage.  If reducing these allows you more iterations
before your crash, it very well may be stack related.

There are a few ways of detecting stack overflow problems in uClinux.
Try searching the uClinux mailing list.

--
Zachary P. Landau <zpl8666@cs.rit.edu>